- Statutory city
- City Authority
- Tourism, Sport, Culture, Leisure
- Environment, Housing, Transport
- Education, Health Service, Social Care
General Secretary of the City Council
Ing. Zdeněk Řeřábek
tel: +420 386 802 001-3
The General Secretary of the City Council of České Budějovice Ing. Zdeněk Řeřábek is the Head of the Municipal Authority according to law no.312/2000, carries out tasks of the statutory authority of the employer towards employees of the City who are registered in the City Council of České Budějovice. He participates in the sessions of the Municipal Council and sessions of the City Board with an advisory position.
The purpose which the position serves
The main purpose of the General Secretary is the operation of the activities of the City Council of České Budějovice in a way that it secures and provides citizens with services that are aimed towards the provision of the operation of state management according to the law and the provision of self-management objectives of the municipality in harmony with the programme of development of the municipality, with the decrees of the City Board and Council.
Its main aims are:
1. a rapid, helpful and law-abiding approach to citizens in the administrative procedure in the field of transferred state management
2. the effective disposal of council resources and use of council property
3. activities linked with the processing of concepts and plans for the development of the city, for example land-use plans, economic development plans, social programmes, programmes for protection and creation of the environment, etc.
4. co-ordination of the organisations founded by the City and the securement of public services
5. fulfilment of the objectives of the City Board and Municipal Council
6. conceptual works in the field of the structure of the City Council of České Budějovice in a way that they fit the above-mentioned aims and needs of the City.
7. the development of human resources and the securing of personnel in accordance with the above-mentioned aims and needs
8. the operation and inspection of the activities of employees of the City Council of České Budějovice
General Secretary of the City Council is the following:
1. an employee of the statutory city of České Budějovice
2. the Head of the Council in accordance with law no. 312/2000 Coll.
3.the immediate superior of the Heads of Departments, of employees of the Department of the office of the General Secretary and the superior of all employees of the City Council of České Budějovice.
4. is responsible for the fulfilment of the objectives of the City Council in its independent and transferred activity to the Mayor of the statutory city.
Message from the General Secretary
With the reform of public services, the city of České Budějovice became from 1.1.2003 a municipality with increased activity of the size type III. The City Council assures operations with independent and transferred activity to the scale of law nos. 128/00 Coll., 313/02 Coll., 320/02 Coll. and 314/02 Coll.
As a municipality of size type III it provides the operation of state management for 78 municipalities in its perimeter.
The City Council employs civil servants and operating staff. The number of approved tabled positions according to the organisational rule is 509, valid on 1.3.2008.
Employees of the statutory city of České Budějovice are allocated to several buildings (nám. Přemysla Otakara II. 1,2, Kněžská 19, Jeronýmova 1 and employees of the sports facility department at the swimming stadium and sports hall). Public services depending on their nature are provided at individual departments of the City Authority of České Budějovice (see the organisation rules of the City Authority of České Budějovice - full version).
Last modified by: Iveta Snopková
Last modified: 7/2/2008